Wednesday, May 6, 2026

Lets Go Outside

Every visit, mom's first words are "can we go outside?"  Its Arizona, and afternoons can get pretty warm. She dresses herself like its the arctic, most of the time wearing one or two t-shirts layered under a long sleeved shirt. Too hot for outside! 

I guess just being in a different "room" is ok for her, she lives in a small apartment. 

But she just sits outside at a table and colors in her color book. She doesn't notice the clouds. Or trees. Sometimes she mentions the breeze. So I find it ... odd .... but whatever makes her happy.  At least outside she's not running down a list of complaining comments.

After our visit, her facility had a Mother's Day tea in the dining room for all the residents. They made a charcuterie glass - champagne flute with cheese, nuts, grapes, prosciutto, pretzel sticks -- I should have taken a picture!  We drank tea, even me! I chose a raspberry hibiscus blend and it was tasty!  Although I prefer cold drinks in our AZ heat.

Then we had a craft, painting a sun catcher. For some reason, that was important to mom, us doing a craft together.  In the bigger scheme of things, she wants us to do *everything* together. 

They gave her a corsage. There are two men who work there, very special guys, who are sweet and lightly tease all the women there. Its so cute! 

We had clouds and sprinkles; looking up through the patio cover made for an interesting look to the day.




No comments: