Monday, May 11, 2026

Remember When ....

The new tag line for a Macy's ad on TV is "the fragrance destination".

And it reminded me when I was in my 20s, we would shop at the mall and always stop in at Macy's or Emporium.  They didn't spritz you with perfume, they gave you samples in a small vial with a rubber stopper on top. 

This is the only photo I could find online of those little vials.  

It also reminded me of the lipstick samples given out by Avon in the 1970s!  I think every teenage girl back then had a handful of these in her drawer! 



The only other essential was Great Lash mascara in its trademark hot pink and neon green tube.  

If you had these, you could be ready for any date in just a few moments!  

Ahhh... the good old days! Remember when?

No comments: