Thursday, June 4, 2026

Accomplished ✔️

Not sure if I can count this as part of a consistency plan, but today I got up and put away the things I have accumulated from my mom's house.  They were boxed and put aside in the garage, not aure if they're need or not in the future.  

I joxed ip toys she kept for when the grands came over.  Admittedly, I had bought most of them when I was still working. Nothing beats toys that hit the clearance shelf!!

And then some beach towels, five to be exact. Not sure there will be a need, but they were nice, so I kept them. I have a pool in my community .... maybe some day.

So I feel better today about getting something accomplished. 

Yesterday I spent part of my day washing the dishes in the dishwasher that seems to be not working well. Or rather making a strange noise.  I tried to look on YouTube to see how complicated it might be to try to repair.  Easier to just buy new.  But that just makes me like the younger generations, use it and toss it.  

I also accomplished my visit to the bank to check my accounts.  I opened my account in 1999, the gal was impressed! And the teller, well, has wasn't even born when I opened my account!  LOL. Updated my savings to an account that pays interest, and did the whole double check that I have beneficiaries notated on the account. 

If you haven't ever struggled with that, when someone dies and you try to close the account and you're not named, its a herculean task ---  so make sure you have that specified on your accounts!!   We all do that with our accounts through our employer, but this one is easy to overlook! The banker was trying to explain it over the phone to someone and I had that same struggle when Brian died. 

So, a sense of accomplishment for me this week .....   ✔️  Always a very good feeling!!

What's next???  Bring it on!!!  Ha ha ha

No comments: