Off and on I have tried to find things that entertain mom. She's impossible at times, and lately its getting weirder. She wants books to read, but doesn't like romances with sex. Doesn't like mysteries, biographies or books with murder. So what CAN she read?? Maybe some old time Nancy Drew! lol
I hiked my way in to Walmart and bought her a puzzle ..... but got "I've already done that one". *sigh*
There is always a complaint.
What did you do yesterday? "Nothing much" (because I have learned that if I tell her what I did, she will either tell everyone or she will comment in a negative way, even if its just "got my oil changed".)
Have you heard from your brother? He doesn't answer me when I text him. "Nope" (not gonna referree this one!)
Heard from Tucson? "Nope" Hope they're doing all right. I sure wish they'd come visit me. But its too hot for them to travel. Only it's not as hot today! (Supposed to be 104, Mom) Oh that's tooo hot. I gathered up some puzzles maybe you can wheel me down there to leave them in the cupboard.
And that was my first 10 minutes with her.
She won't go to other scheduled activities like the afternoon games, the evening movie, the 9am coffee chat, etc. She just waits until I am there to be her "entertainment".
Then it was a request for eye drops. "You have eye drops in the medicine cabinet." They're not the right ones. I need something for sore eyes. "What kind of sore, what does that mean?" The med tech came in and I asked her what she thought.... eyes aren't red so no pink eye, no allergies. We just decided that she needed a different lubricant drops. It also means another trek into Walmart. Mom cheerfully says, Oh that works out, you have to return the puzzle anyway. *eye roll*
I know its my thing this year for patience and acceptance, but some days are harder than ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment