Friday, June 26, 2026

Make Dreams Happen

In August, 2009, I wrote about a package sent to me by a good man. He totally understood my reasons and a dream to one day own my own home.  So he sent me a single fence picket, painted white. Because every home comes with a white picket fence, right?

He believed in me. That helped. A lot.

When things happened, they happened fast.  I was casually looking looking at listings, unsure if I could actually make it happen. 

My realtor took me to a house. It was ok but didn't... say "this is home".  He said there's a house around the corner...... I walked through, it was a foreclosure. But I wasn't in the car 5 minutes before I was calling the realtor back, saying YES to the house!  I signed papers in December 2009.

Having that man believe in me, to encourage me to go for my dream, meant everything.  And I hung that white picket fence on the wall, added a hook, and now my purse hangs there every day.

Every time I look at it, I remember the man, and also that if I put my mind to it, dreams can come true!!!  Just work hard and don't lose focus.  

PS: I have lived in this house longer than any other house before, including the house I grew up in. Major accomplishment!! And thank you, MrN, for everything you taught me.

No comments: