Sunday, June 7, 2026

Healthy Eating

Healthy eating can be quite confusing.  Who can you believe any more??  There was a government food pyramid in the 70s that doesnt seem to match up with anything current.  

Google is a lousy help, you get a bunch of ad based opinions, and ads are driven by money.  

And its the same with supplements.  They might say "take Vitamin D3"  and then they tell you it isn't effective without taking K2. 

One opinion I just saw today says "stop eating dairy to lower cholesterol". 

Then there are the vegetables we're supposed to eat, the chemicals and insecticides used to yield a "better crop" .... is "better" what we're really getting??

Most of the time, I just say "Eh" to all the hype....  if there was a magic food, we'd all know about it, right,?? 

But we should also be the best we can be. Junk food in moderation,  etc etc.  Its hard to replicate the foods we ate in the 40s and 50s, because everything has been modified in one way or another.

I'm not sure there's any perfect solution. Just take whatever advice seems right for your body, and go from there.  I did my part, I bought a bag of baby spinach to add to sandwiches this week!


No comments: