In my Insta feed, I read about someone who started a "consistency challenge". How did Insta know I was being inconsistent??? Haha
But. I read the post, and the list wasn't difficult. Most of it read like a To Do list, with the time to accomplish each task.
This seems like a good way to form a habit. They used to say "it takes 3 weeks", but Google says it takes longer, 18 to 254 days. That might be due to the complications of the habit. Something simple like water first each morning before caffeine wouldn't take too long. (I have that one down!!)
If you were going to try for consistency, what would be on your list? I use Tasks for some of the repetitive things, but what if I want/need something more every day based?
Like exercise. Its SO easy to find something else that needs doing over exercise. I have loads of equipment to get a home workout, including my Bowflex treadmill, so why do I avoid it?
Maybe having a list, a specific time slotted for exercise? Would it take 3 weeks? Or more like 254 days for it to be a habit??
*sigh* Being consistent with something can be life changing, but why is it so difficult? If it was easy, we'd all be doing it, right??? Maybe some vitamins would help!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment