Im trying to take control of my self again. So I decided to go back to IF.
Its nearly 16 hours since I've eaten. *growl* I downed a bottle of water at 5am (24 oz) and then a Diet Coke at 6:30. *growl* I have 45 minutes to go. *growl*growl*
But what is our society's hangup with food? Everything seems to revolve around it. Meeting for coffee usually means adding a donut, or pastry. Or there's "let's do lunch". Except eating in restaurants isn't something I enjoy. Who wants to pay for a $12 lunch that includes more food than a person can eat? Or maybe it's should eat?
Back in 1987, I remember when McDs had their SuperSize it campaign. You could order a number 1 (Big Mac with fries and a drink) then super size it to get a bigger drink and bigger order of fries. Wasn't healthy eating, but yes, I confess, I SuperSized it!
Even now, mom in her assisted living apt, plies me with cookies, candy, drinks, even though I usually arrive with my own bottle of water. And she knows I don't do sweets .... but that's how she grew up. Feeding people at every turn.
I did well on IF last year, but let myself slide as my schedule with helping mom had been shifting from day to day. Now that its more stable, I can work in my meals on a schedule.
I started with 16:8 as my fast:eat hours, but will work back up to 18:6. Part of the struggle will be our summer heat. Not so easy to get out of the house to do something when its over 105, which means being cooped up with food in the house. So wise purchasing is very important.
Between more treadmill time and less eating time, the goal is to be more healthy.
Waiting .... waiting ..... Yay! *growl* Time for breakfast!!
No comments:
Post a Comment