Thursday, June 11, 2026

Joyful Things

I heard a woman on the radio today, talking about a fence she saw made of wood, with tulip cutouts in it.  And she said it was something that brought her joy!  

She also explained that she and her sisters have been sharing photos on a daily basis of whatever brings them joy. 

And it made me think.   Would that make a person focus on joyful things?  And would the process of sharing photos keep you accountable, to focus on noticing the little things???

We are so busy doing this and that, it seems to keep us from noticing the little things that bring us joy.  I remember one visit with my granddaughter and we walked looking for things to take pictures of.  We saw a ribbon someone had dropped, and then a leaf shaped like a heart.  

As for me, today's joyful was what I consider a vice:  I watch an episode of M*A*S*H every day.  The characters never fail to bring me a smile!!!



Take a few moments to notice little things, and if one of those things makes you smile, snap a pic.  And maybe share it.  The world needs more joy! 

No comments: