Saturday, June 13, 2026

Another Smile

It would be so easy to grouse about my day (and I do it often enough!)  There's not much that compares to what a woman goes through for one of those female type exams.  And being old, had most of those parts removed, it seems like ages since I had to do this.  But I did it anyway.

But one of the things that salvaged my day was scrolling through internet stuff and finding old photos of relatives. 

This is a photo of my grandmother's sister's son, Eugene.  I'm not sure of the year, but guess it to be late 1940s.  He served in the Army, WWII. 

Every chance I get, I troll the internet for relatives.  It makes me smile when I am able to find those very interesting relatives! 

But then there are the ones who emigrated to America and changed their names -- frustrating to track!!  Great Great Grandmama comes to America with four sons - each having a different last name --- and the story that she was in love (and pregnant) with a member of the Swedish Royal family, but they weren't allowed to marry because she was a lowly peasant girl.

Every time I think about it, I want to stamp my foot and demand my crown!!  Hahaha just call me Princessa!! 


Men in uniform --- so handsome!!
Thank you for your service! 

No comments: