Saturday, June 27, 2026

I Like Words

Hornswoggled 

Hoosegow 

Words are something I get. I like to write, always have. The problem is that I am not very focused when I write.  There are people who seem to find a niche, and go with that.  Healthy living.  Raising babies. Life on a farm. 

But I just go with wherever my thoughts, my heart, leads.  Or whatever crazy stuff evolves in caring for Mom. 

Maybe I just don't like limits.  Or maybe I am ADHD. or OCD.  Any one of those alphabet diagnoses could fit. 

Mostly, Im just me, and it sometimes reveals itself.... oh well.

So what's the point of these words?  They happened to be in the story I just read, and they made me giggle.  Over time, language evolves.  Look at the crazy lingo we have learned from texting.  BRB. LOL. You get the point.  

But there are what I call old fashioned words, made up because.....   well, did people feel there weren't enough words to express themselves?  Or a generation who needed words to express themselves while also confusing adults?

Betwixt

Balderdash

The 70s had their own slang, like groovy, cool beans, and peace out.  Or the ones we have come to think is the norm, ie smog is a combo of smoke and fog. Now its just dirty air.  

Spork

Chillax

Words. 

They're the cat's pajamas.



No comments: